Saturday, November 3, 2007

Itinerary

Dear Friends and Family,

The day has finally come and I'm taking off tomorrow to start my African adventure!
Man, I've had the craziest few days and are feeling a bit frazzled and stressed about leaving tomorrow but I know when I finally get on the plane I'll breathe a sigh of relief and start getting extremely excited!!! (Not that I'm not already!!!)

I honestly can't believe that I have raised all the money I needed for the trip in a 6 week time frame. It is nothing short of a miracle! I know so many of my friends and family have been as encouraged as I watching how each day I would get closer to my monetary goal! Man, it's been so exciting. I was reading through my journal recently and saw that I had written a few months back "I feel like God is telling me to raise $4000 myself and trust Him for the rest" and so I worked hard and raised the $4000 and of course God totally supplied the rest through you beautiful people who so generously gave to me.

I have honestly been so blown away by all of your support and encouragement over my life and this trip. I don't think I've ever seen God move so powerfully in confirming that this is what he wants me to be doing ! Honestly, it's such an amazing feeling to know that this is where God wants me and that I have the support of so many people behind me who are also so stoked for this opportunity for me and who will be praying for me while I'm away. From bottom of my heart I thank you all so very much. I appreciate you all more than you could know!

My Itinerary!


Depart Auckland 3.30pm
Dubai 5th- 15th November
I'm having a bit of a relax time in Dubai before I head to Africa! I've just finished a busy year of Uni and are looking forward to some down time to be refreshed before I head to the mission field!! It's been such a push to leave for Dubai just 3 days after finishing my final exam, but my thinking is that if I stayed in NZ a few days extra I'd just be chilling out and getting ready so why not chill out in Dubai instead!

I'm staying with our family friend's the Sambolec's who we lived with in Brunei. My friend Emma has just had a baby so I'm so excited to hang out with her and her son! I have a number of friends from my Brunei days now living in Dubai so I'm looking forward to catching up!Man, I'm soooo hanging out for this time to spend heaps of time with God and be refreshed before heading to Uganda on the 15th!

15th November - Dubai to Entebbe
Arrive in Entebbe at 12pm and spend a night there
Off to Arua at 8am on the 16th!!!!

16 November - 10 December
I'll be staying in Arua doing sponsorship work! I'm taking over all our Christmas publications for the orphans to fill in. Will also be working on the sponsorship policy and recruiting more kids for sponsorship. Sally Hanna will be coming to Arua during this time and we will head to Gulu to meet with children orphaned as their parents have beem killed by LRA rebels. Please see www.invisiblechildren.com

16 December-
Fly to Kilaminjaro and spend two days there until I meet the student exchange people!
Flights from Entebbe only fly on certain days! Not sure what I'll do in Kili yet... if only it was possible to do the climb in 2 days!!

18-21st December
My Christmas/birthday pressie from ma and pa is a Safari with my law exchange before study!!! SOOOO stoked!!!! :-) :-)

Day 1 (12/18):

Zanair Flight: Dar to Kilimanjaro

Arrive Kilimanjaro Airport + transfer to Serena Mountain Village for lunch

Afternoon Game Drive in Arusha National Park

Dinner and overnight Arusha Hotel


Day 2 (12/19):

Breakfast

Morning Drive to Manyara

Lunch at Lodge

Afternoon Game Drive

Dinner and Overnight Lake Manyara Hotel


Day 3 (12/20)

Breakfast

Morning Drive to Ngorongoro

Lunch at Lodge

Afternoon Crater Tour

Dinner and Overnight Ngorongoro Wildlife Lodge


Day 4 (12/21)

Breakfast

Morning Drive to Arusha

Lunch at Arusha

Transfer to Kilimanjaro Airport for flight to Dar

Zanair flight: Kilimanjaro to Dar Es Salaam



21 December-8th Jan

Study in Zanzibar with exchange students on the laws of human trafficking and modern day slavery



8 Jan- 18th

Working with Iris ministries in Maputo, Mozambique



19th Jan Depart from Johannesburg to Thailand



20 Jan- 2 Feb

Hopefully working with the International Justice Mission in Chiang Mai www.ijm,org

I also have two sets of missionary friends I hope to meet up with and would love to visit Rahab Ministries



2 Feb= Home!!

arrive in Aucks 3 Feb 9.35pm



Pretty awesome summer planned as you can see! Although I'm away for a long time I'm actually not staying in any one place for long at all! I would love it if you could pray for me! Especially when flying as I have an AV malformation in my right calf and have to take clexane injections before each flight as I have a high risk of getting blood clots through air travel.



I have such an anticipation and excited feeling in my spirit about this trip. It is the greatest privilege to be able to serve the beautiful people of Africa. I really hope to be ready and willing to be used by God at every opportunity. I feel like I'm going to Africa with heaps of big questions, I feel like this trip is about researching and learning. I want to know things like "Is there really any hope for Africa and if so what does that look like?" Is stopping for the one enough when there are millions of people who are not "the one"?? I really don't know what this trip will look like but I know God wants to show me something, that I am going to learn many lessons and that I will share these with all of you.


Thanks again for your prayers, support, encouragement and love.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're amazing Becki and so is your calling. Keep up the great work.

Sara Groves (the singer songwriter)
http://www.myspace.com/saragroves
has a similar passion, she writes:

“The phrase ‘social justice’ can be loaded. To some people it is a political or a liberal conversation, but to me, it is a Kingdom conversation. There are people behind these stories and statistics, and God’s heart for justice burns on their behalf."

In the midst of the anguish you must be seeing, there is your God also... Bless you heaps.

CY